Classroom-based Research and Evidence-based Practice: An Introduction
- List Price:
- Buy New: $80.40
- as of 10/22/2014 04:42 UTC details
- You Save: $49.60 (38%)
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Edition:Second Edition
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.69
- Dimensions (in):1 x 6.8 x 9.5
- Publication Date:May 29, 2013
The book illustrates the nature and logic of the research process, and supports readers in critically evaluating the strengths and limitations of published studies.
Drawing on a variety of relevant examples, the book demonstrates each stage of the research process - including formulating research questions, selecting data collection techniques and deciding on approaches to data analysis - and usefully integrates each stage.
The new edition includes:
- an expanded treatment of data analysis
- new, discrete chapters looking at ethical issues, and at how teachers can research their own classrooms through the use of case studies
- discussion of research carried out by trainee teachers.
Clear and comprehensive, the examples included in the book demonstrate the range of topics that are suitable for research in the classroom and identify key factors for consideration when undertaking classroom-based research.
This book is essential reading for students, researchers, teachers and trainee teachers interested in doing research in the classroom.